Interested in Underwater Photography Courses? Never tried it before or want to learn more? Underwater photography
Instead of being taught a generic underwater photography course via one of the major recreational scuba training agencies (which is often taught by a diving instructor with little or no understanding of cameras), you could be taught a bespoke course by a professional underwater photographer with years of experience working in the field. ME! This will give you a greater understanding of your (or my) camera system, and more in-depth knowledge about camera functions, settings and editing. You can choose to use my DSLR Nikon D7100 setup or my Compact Canon G15 setup.
On Koh Lanta, near Krabi in Thailand, I offer underwater photography courses to suit all levels, ages, and experiences. I run various courses to suit your needs, requirements, and your camera system. Courses are taught at Lanta Diver in Saladan, Koh Lanta. Lanta diver provide top of the range facilities where we have AC classrooms to study in, a good swimming pool to practice and two big boats where we can put all the practice into fruition.
Want to take photographs like these one below? Read on below for course outlines and structure –
1 Day course – 1/2 day in an A/C classroom and 1/2 day in the pool. Approx 8 – 9hrs.
Here you will learn the basics about cameras, which camera suits your needs, using and maintaining your camera. Also including:
- Camera set up pre dive
- Photography composition
- Learning to shoot in manual mode where you will learn to control shutter speeds / aperture / ISO easily
- Shooting Wide Angle vs Macro
- Lighting – using natural light as well as using strobes and how to position them
- Selecting the right exposure
- Focusing on subjects underwater
- Understanding Depth of Field
- Learn to take split level shots
- How to Position yourself underwater
- Safety underwater
- Post Dive Camera care
- Post processing underwater photographs using Lightroom.
2 Day Course – Day 1 (as above) Day 2 as follows – Approx 9 hrs
- Putting Day 1 into practice in the sea and learning how to manage yourself on a boat around other divers.
- A full day on the boat learning how to take underwater photographs in the ocean.
- 1 Dive Wide Angle Photography – how to compose reef and fish shots as well as human portrait photography.
- 1 Dive Macro Photography – how to compose shots on macro subjects, using depth of field and composition.
- Full de-brief of the days shoot on the journey back to land.
- Breakfast, lunch and soft drinks are included in the price and are available for the whole day.
- Some days the boats do a 3rd dive and there is a possibility of doing this dive for a small additional cost.
3 Day Course – Day 1 and 2 as above with an extra day in the field homing your skills.
The courses are designed to go at your speed with small group numbers. I want to share my passion for underwater photography and diving with you in a safe fun and controlled enviroment.I have been diving for over 8 years in many different conditions and locations around the world. I have been taking underwater photographs for over 5 years now and this year I had my first exhibition in Hull as part of the City of Culture Celebrations 2017.
Basic requirements needed for the course and additional info
- Minimum Open Water Certification with good buoyancy skills.
- A real passion for what you are doing!
- I will not accept divers for a 2 or 3 day course that cannot control their buoyancy as this can lead to safety issues and also could lead to damaging the reefs.
- You can either use your own camera as well as use my compact set up (G15) and / or my DSLR set up (Nikon D7100).
- Dive equipment for the course is included in the price, if needed.
- Scuba tanks for each day of the course are provided at no extra charge.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel is also included in the price.
- Additional days diving can be booked through Lanta Diver.
- Transfers to and from the airport can be arrnaged through Lanta Diver. Hotel bookings can also be managed for your stay.
Please contact me for further details and pricing – email@example.com